Thursday, March 29, 2012

wedding dress in suitcase

hi im getting married at the grecian sands in about five weeks time ive been given 15kg extra luggage allowance for wedding dress and wedding accesories , bit worried as does this go onto the plane with me or in with the rest of the luggage ,also its quite a big case so need some advise freally im traveling with thomas cook airlines.




|||



We was married in Malta last year with Airtours, your wedding stuff goes in the hold with the rest of you luggage, make sure you take some sort of confirmation with you for your extra baggage allowance just in case, last thing you need is hassle of anyone trying to charge you for excess.





Jo.




|||



thank you for that but just worried reslly dont want anything to go missing and found out only got 10kg extra luggage, not even sure how much that is . please anyone thats got married recently how did they carry the wedding stuff. cheers charlie




|||



Hi.I got married at Grecian Sands last September.We went with Thomas Cook and we had 10kgs extra luggage allowance.I put my dress in the suitcase in a dress bag and it was fine.In fact, we got my dress,my husbands suit, shoes, accessories etc in too.Don%26#39;t worry if your dress is a bit creased when you get there as the hotel will hang it in a special wedding room and steam it if needs it.



I would say take the letter confirming your extra allowance with you when you check-in.




|||



thanks kerry you really put my mind at rest im the same charlie had to change user name.




|||



Hi, we are flying with euro cypriot airlines and we have not been given any extra baggage allowance for our suit and wedding dress. Is anyone else travelling with these and have you been given any extra baggage allowance. the only way we can get some is to pay nearly £100




|||



Hi



We also went with Euro Cypria to my daughters wedding in June and I bought a wedding dress box from the box company via the internet and took her dress in that as my hand luggage as the hand luggage allowance was more than Thomas Cook who my daughter went with.



Any questions just ask





Susan




|||



I got married last year in Napa and flew with TC. I had a massive suitcase and 15kgs extra luggage allowance. I didnt take any proof with me but I phoned the travel agents before hand and asked for TC check in desk at the airport and I checked with them. I got my dress, hubbys suit and both bridesmaids dresses in the case. I nearly cried though when I had to let go of the case and watch it disappear. I couldnt relax during the flight wondering if my dress was on the plane or not. I nearly cried again with relief when I saw it appear in Cyprus. Good luck for your big day




|||



think thats just how i will feel but gotta do it .i would rather that than take it as hand luggage as still got bridesmaid dresses and hubby suit etc so ill put all in case. my travel agent said they will have all details at the tc desk as it dosent show on tickets.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, October 05, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment