Thursday, March 29, 2012

British influenced places to go in Cyprus

While we will be touring the Island seeing all the pituresque villages and eating in the tavernas,



we would love to see the British side as well.



That means, rushing to Laura Ashley in Nicosia the first day of arrival :-) and things of thah sort...



If anyone can recommend other British places (Bars, Pubs, Villages, you name it) I would will be happy to hear about it! It is also %26quot;abroad%26quot; for me.





Thanks alot,



Adit




|||



Why don%26#39;t you just come to Britain?




|||



Hi Adit,



this is a difficult one.Not all Cypriots remember the old colonial days with fondness, and of late the younger generation are wanting some of the British ties to be cut.



Peyia would be my first choice, it is regarded by Cypriots as little England, nothing of any great worth to see but there is a very large English contingent there as well as in Paphos



All of the tourist areas in Cyprus are geared up for the British, but I don%26#39;t think I would venture there if looking for some history.



To be honest I am lost on this one, maybe someone else has some ideas.




|||



Hi



Some good Brit places in Paphos, you could try the Queen Vic and Royal Oak pubs for a bit of culture followed by fish and chips on Tomb of the kings road.




|||



Why don%26#39;t you just holiday in Blackpool




|||



Thank you so much Leica and RRichie!!!



Karen and Accyliz, I am a fan of Britain, especially the decoration, cottages, humour, motion pictures (I have watched all of Mike lee%26#39;s for example), and- you are not going to believe that- the weather!! I love the rain!



Have been travelling a lot in Britain but this time we have things to do in Cyprus, so we will be looking for the cypriots %26quot;cottages%26quot;.




|||



I am really at a loss to understand what you want to see Adit. Do you want to see Cypriot culture or British culture?





Why would you want to go to one country to see the culture of another. It is like someone from Spain coming to Bradford to experience India.





Just enjoy what Cyprus has to offer in its own right. Trust me, we Brits can%26#39;t wait to get away from our own country.




|||



Karen,



I am sorry if I have offended anyone. As I said we have things to do in Cyprus and I intend to enjoy everything of what the island offers. There is no need to preach.




|||



Whatever - have a nice time.




|||



Thank you so much. You were very kind and helpful.




|||



Shalom Adit,



try going up into the mountains.Lofou,is a rebuilt old stone village, great taverna for a meal.Forest Park hotel in Platres is worth a visit, the owner will tell you stories of the old days, have afternoon tea on the terrace.



Enjoy Cyprus...

No comments:

Post a Comment