Thursday, March 29, 2012

Undersea Walk at Paphos

Has anyone done this? was it worth the money? Do they show you their insurance details ?






|||



I haven%26#39;t, but I%26#39;m sure Nephthys did this last year. I don%26#39;t think she%26#39;s been around this forum for a while, but she%26#39;s very helpful and I%26#39;m sure she%26#39;d respond to a pm if no-one else responds to your query.




|||



Have a look at www.underseawalkers.com. There is a contact point on their website so you can ask them about insurance details.



The used to operate in Protaras as well but didn%26#39;t see them this year although I spoke to tourists a couple of years ago who had done the walk and said it was fantastic.




|||



Hi,



I%26#39;m here!



Here%26#39;s a link to one of my previous posts; we had our own insurance:



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k148…



It was good fun, so glad I was brave enough to try. I was soooo nervous; Scott took time out to talk to me the day before as I was ready to cancel. He reassured me with tales of others who had done it %26amp; this included a blind person, a wheelchair bound person, countless children etc! The safety talk helped me feel better %26amp; the safety measures set in place.



Regards




|||



Many thanks




|||



Have just returned from Paphos and can honestly say the undersea walking is not to be missed. The trip is well organised by a great group of guys who put you at your ease right from the start and explain in detail what to expect. Having realised that the helmet is not unbearably heavy and the water does not get inside I was wishing I could stay down there longer because being so close to the sealife and feeding the fish was truly memorable. They take photos and a dvd of your experience which can be purchased but you are not pressured to buy - Scott even delivers it to your hotel. What fun, well worth the cost.




|||



Hi there we went to montego bay, jamaica, 2 years ago and did the undersea walking there. i was very nervous and nearly bottled it but god i am so pleased i didn%26#39;t, it was even better than our swim with the dolphins which had been a life time ambition but in comparison i actually enjoyed the under sea walking more ! got some fab pics too. We fly to paphos on wednesday and are planning on doing the undersea walk there, so just hoping it lives up to my previous experience. Does anyone know if its cheaper to book on line or when ya get there ? thanks.




|||



I went for this last summer in Protaras and planning to go again this year in Paphos. If you haven%26#39;t done scuba diving, this is the next best thing! I absolutely enjoyed it. I am not even a swimmer and I felt completely safe underwater.



You can watch some videos and photos of my experience at triptocyprus.com/blog/2007/10/undersea-walk-…




|||



Hi there



We did the undersea walking for my husbands 50th birthday on 18/07/08 - I can honestly say it%26#39;s the best thing we have ever done!! Our kids of 11 and 13 loved it too. Scott was brilliant - very calm and explained things so well any doubts or worries we had soon disappeared - I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. You don%26#39;t even have to be able to swim - you arrive back on land with your make-up intact and hair dry!!!!!




|||



This sounds fantastic! Do you know if there is an age limit for this? my youngest daughter is only 8 but is a good swimmer and confident in the water.




|||



Thanks everyone, we have now booked to do this.





My youngest is 8, they have to be 8yrs or over 1.20m

No comments:

Post a Comment