Friday, March 23, 2012

Moving out!

Hello!





There is a fair chance the family and I will be moving out to cyprus with work - very exciting but scarey at the same time.





The company is going to be based in Limassol. We have 2 children aged 6 and 9. We have not been to Cyprus before but love the idea of moving out to stay.





We will be renting and I%26#39;ve just started to look into areas for living, schools etc. My main concern is choosing the right residential area for my wife and children - so that they are happy while I%26#39;m off on my travels with work.





Any advice on good areas, schools etc will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.





HH




|||



I know exactly how you feel!! My family and I are moving to Episkopi in two weeks and I can%26#39;t wait, for the children I think it is a marvellous opportunity, as for schools I am quite lucky as my husband is with the forces so school is pre arranged for my 8 year old and the school on the base in Cyprus is supposed to be the best in the British Army. Sorry I can%26#39;t be of any use right now however if I get any info once I am out there I will be sure to let you know, but may I wish you the best of luck!!




|||



Hi HH,





apparently Foley%26#39;s and Heritage are the best schools in Limassol.





:-)




|||



If you are wanting to rent in central Limassol there are no good or bad areas. They are genrally the same with a mix of expensive and cheaper properties.



I would avoid the tourist area which is at the top area of Limassol. Schools, I always recommend Foley%26#39;s which has the best reputation and always delivers good results. The downside to living in Limassol is the traffic and lack of public transport, so you will need two cars.



All in all it is a great place to work, busy but 5 minutes down the road is peace and quiet.If you don%26#39;t speak Greek there is no problem, but it does help and the locals really appreciate it.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, October 03, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment