Thursday, April 19, 2012

food at hotels without reservation/?

I was wondering if most hotels would let a family in to dine at the buffet for breakfast and evening meal as I have never seen this advertised in any hotels that i have stayed in, I was thinking that this would be a more economical way to feed my family as I think self catering is very expensive, what does anyone know or think.




|||



The hotel I stayed in (in Limmasol ) wanted 30E for its evening buffet - you would get a much better meal in a restaurant for that - with waiter service !!



I hace self catered in Cyprus when the kids were small - its a much cheaper option - even if it does mean mum does not get a complete rest from the chores !!




|||



The evening maybe but breakfast hardly - not if your not staying there. Think about it would you like to eat your breakfast in your 4star or 5 star hotel with %26quot;families%26quot; walking in off the street. I know I wouldn%26#39;t




|||



A good Cypriot never turns down money !!! I have eaten at numerous hotels, breakfast included. You will rarely be turned away. Another one is using the hotels facilities for the day, the vast majority of hotels will allow you to use their pools for a small charge, some will waive the charge if you buy lunch.



One of my collegues has breakfast every morning at the Four Seasons in Limassol 5*, he never stays there but swears the breakfast is the best on the island..




|||



But how much is the breakfast at the Four Seasons ?



I thought Hazey was looking for options to save money !




|||



I think he pays £10 as a regular. I paid £4 the other day for a buffet breakfast in a 4* hotel.



The beauty about Cyprus is you can go anywhere and ask for anything, and if you are prepared to barter you can always get a good deal.



As most people do not have time to shop around or barter they genrally believe things are expensive, there are always options available and good on DurhamHazey for asking what it out there.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 05, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment