Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easyjet Flights

I am a bit bothered about flying with Easy Jet by some of the things which I have read because I have got walking difficulties and will need boarding assistance at Manchester and Paphos and it has never been a problem before, also we are normally on front seats with my daughter and grandson and are boarded first, this is all down on our invoice and a room reserved at the hotel which we are going to, I am going at the end of September for my 70th birthday but I just hope that we are not left as it says in one of the posts, I dont mean from checking in late but I have read somewhere that there was no plane and people were just left, if this is the case then I would have to get a taxi back home which is about 40 miles, can someone please give me some advice please, it wouldnt be so bad if I was fit.




|||



I can so understand your worry, and didn%26#39;t want to panic anyone flying with Easyjet. I just wanted to make everyone aware of how they deal with situations like a cancellation.





At the end of the day most of the EasyJet flights are fine and cancellations you would hope are few and far between. However you always want that back up that if things go wrong you will be looked after. With Easyjet this is certainly not the case. I spoke to man people in our hotel about problems they had with Easyjet, all on the Manchester route.





What worries me is that a company like them can turn round to 150 passengers in Manchester and say %26quot;you now have to make your own way to Paphos%26quot; and just walk away from the problem.





They then said and did the same to the 150 passengers in Paphos.





My mum had travelled 2 hours by airport taxi to Manchester yet they just didn%26#39;t care and said %26quot;well that isn%26#39;t our problem%26quot;. They also refused to put any passengers in hotels.





Now I am sure this is illegal, and would be interested to hear from anyone who was affected by the cancelled flight on Saturday 21st June. Easyjet could certainly be taken to the small claims court.





Customer Service is not Easyjets strong point.





Now you can argue that Easyjet are a low cost airline and you should expect this, however my mum went with Jet2 after this cancellation and found them brilliant.





All I can say is be prepared to be left to it should a problem occur.




|||



I was flying back from Paphos to Man on Sun 22, there were people who should have been going home on the Sat flight that was cancelled. They told me they had been accomodated in a hotel amd told to get back on the Sunday and they would try to get them on a flight then.



Due to our pre-booked Taxi failing to pick us up ( we had to get another ) when we got to the airport we were nearly last in the queue. One of the cancelled people , took great joy in telling everyone that it was first come - first served, so we were really worried that we might not get a seat.



It was chaotic and the check in desk was a war zone, they were trying to fit all passesngers between two flights out about 30 mins apart.



In the end we all got through after queuing for 90 mins, and it was literally 5 minutes from check-in, through security where a guy was telling us to Go Go Go to gate 5 NOW, straight on the plane.



After all that there were quite a few empty seats , but it`s not an experience I`d like to repeat.



When I went to work on Wed, a workmate told me some of her relations should have been flying from Man on the cancelled flight , about 12 for a wedding, can you imagine what they felt like. They had to go back home to North Wales and try again next day.




|||



Is your mum entitled to any compensation Yorkshire and Proud?




|||



Well all passengers were given a piece of paper stating what Easyjet must do in such a situation and from a legal stand point.





My mum showed me when she arrived and it does clearly state that if you are at the airport and the flight gets cancelled then the airline has to %26quot;TRY%26quot; and put you in a hotel, and find you a flight. My mum and none of the other passengers got any of that, apart from a lottery for the 10 spare seats the next days flight.





If the airline can%26#39;t put you up in a hotel and find you a flight then you are entitled to sort it yourself and then claim it back which takes time.





Like I said to my mum how does a family of 4 suddenly find the money to pay for another lot flights?





My mum has to pay £100 for a taxi to Leeds Bradford, £50 to stay in a hotel %26amp; £120 for a flight out with Jet2. I would hope she gets all this back along with some compensation, however think Easyjet will just give what they have to and no more.





I was told that although Easyjet found the Paphos passengers a hotel at the Azia, they had to pay and keep all receipts to claim the money back. I maybe wrong. Still it seems a shambles.




|||



I have an easyjet magazine from the plane and an article from the chief executive says they are open to your thoughts and ideas - andy@easyJet.com





Worth a moan I think!




|||



This is all very worrying and we are flying out from Manchester next Saturday with Easyjet. As the last person has given us an email address I have sent an email to Easyjet asking them to maybe comment on this forum and see if they can put all our minds at rest. We hve been going to Cyprus for 10 years and yes Paphos airport is not great but at least we have always got there and only once had a flight cancelled but we were put in a hotel overnight, we can only live in hope that we all get to Pahos with Easyjet....




|||



Don%26#39;t worry about it winker. This isn%26#39;t something that happens all the time. It is a one off incident and something that can happen to any airline at any time.





In Easyjet%26#39;s booking conditions they state that if a flight is cancelled for any reason that is down to them, each passenger will receive a refund plus compensation of 400 euros. It is not in their commercial interests to just cancel flights willy nilly.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 04, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment