Wednesday, April 25, 2012

footwear advice please



Hi,





This may sound trivial asking for this advice, but if i hadn%26#39;t seen a thread on the Albufeira forum before we went there on holiday last year, walking at night would have been a nightmare. The pavements in Albufeira are made up of tiny square tiles and the advice on the forum about taking wedge sandals for night time was fantastic. I like to make the effort at night and if i%26#39;d taken my normal strappy heels i would probably have broken my ankle as the pavements were treacherous and slippy to walk on.





Going to Paphos for the first time this year and i am just wondering if the same applies here?





Any advice welcome please.







Stekali




|||



Doc Martins are highly recommended. Just over a week ago I travelled about ten yards horizontally with a pair of flatties on, and still have the scabby forearms and knees that are just about healing.



Pavements are paving slabs, many broken, uneven or missing, so be careful.A broken arm or ankle will ruin your hols. Forget the fashion footwear, no-one looks at your feet anyway




|||



Hi





I always stick to flatties these days, even though it,s paved down by the harbour now I,ll stick to my flip flops.



Cyprus is the same as Spain and Portugal you see people with various injurys due to Pavements or lack of them.




|||



Oooh Stekali - I can just picture you in your strappy sundress and Doc Martens!!!





From what I have seen on photos, the new paving down on the harbour is in little cobbles or setts. I can imagine that stilettoes will not fare very well down there.





If I were you I would stick with the wedges.




|||



Go for comfort and safety, flatties or wedges. I badly sprained my ankle on the pavements of Ayia Napa many years ago, so have learnt the hard way!!!! As well as being not that wonderful some of the pavements have very high kerbs and the streetlighting isn%26#39;t always fab either. My stilettos will be staying at home!!




|||





Thanks for the advice, think i%26#39;ll be sticking to the wedges again this year then. How the hell i%26#39;m going to explain the 7 new pairs of shoes to the husband i%26#39;ll never know. Flatties aren%26#39;t an option for me unfortunatly, being 5%26#39;1 and on the curvy side, i need a least a bit of a heel.





Never mind, i%26#39;ll just let him think i%26#39;m doing my bit for the baggage allowance. Ha Ha.





StekaliWigan




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, October 04, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment